RadHard Resolver-to-Digital Converter
Cobham offers RadHard Resolver-to-Digital Converters (RDC). An RDC is an integrated circuit (IC) used in shaft angle control systems to convert a resolver's SINE and COSINE analog signals to an angle represented by digital output configurable for 10, 12, 14 or 16 bits.
The new enhanced RDC5028C is available now and recommended for all new designs.
RadHard RDC News
- Celebrating 10-years of Flight!
- Cobham's RadHard Resolver-to-Digital Converters (RDC) is in demand for long term missions. 1Mrad and SEL immune to 100 MeV-cm2/mg, the RDC has 10 years of proven flight history.
Available RadHard Resolver-to-Digital Converter Products
- 10, 12, 14, and 16-Bit operation over -55°C to +125°C temperature range
- Eliminates Anomaly #1: Instability at 360° and 180° Input Angles in the ACT5028B Version
- Enhanced ESD Protection
- Radiation Performance
- Total Dose 1Mrads(Si)
- SEL: Immune up to 100MeV-cm2/mg
- Power Supply: +5VDC Only
- Separate I/O power pin to allow for 3.3V to 5.0V interface compatibility
- Programmable by using external resistors and capacitors
- Closed Loop Bandwidth
- Input Hysteresis in LSBs
- Maximum Tracking Rate of Resolver
- Low power: +5VDC @ 22mA Typ.
- Packaging: 52-lead ceramic quad flatpack
- Available to SMD 5962-0423503KXC
Legacy ACT5028B RadHard Resolver-to-Digital Converter
- 16-Bit Monolithic Tracking
- Radiation Environment - Total Dose 1Mrads(Si)
- +5VDC Power Only
- Programmable by using a few non-critical external resistors and capacitors
- Low power: +5V @ 22mA Typ.
- Packaged in 52-lead ceramic quad
- SMD 5962-0423502KXC