RadHard Resolver-to-Digital Converter
Cobham offers RadHard Resolver-to-Digital Converters (RDC). An RDC is an integrated circuit (IC) used in shaft angle control systems to convert a resolver's SINE and COSINE analog signals to an angle represented by digital output configurable for 10, 12, 14 or 16 bits.
Celebrating 10-years of Flight! Cobham's RadHard Resolver-to-Digital Converters (RDC) is in demand for long term missions. 1Mrad and SEL immune to 100 MeV-cm2/mg, the RDC has 10 years of proven flight history.
The new enhanced RDC5028C is available now and recommended for all new designs.
RadHard RDC News
- Please visit our PDM Product Page to see Cobham’s new PDM family of Input Regulator Modules (IRM) and Isolated Point of Load Modules (iPOL) that together make up a power conversion system as well as our newest documentation: IRM Series Datasheet, iPOL Series Datasheet, PDM Design Guide, Worst Case Voltage Regulation (.xlsx), Power Distribution Module FAQs, PDM Brochure.
Available RadHard Resolver-to-Digital Converter Products
- 10, 12, 14, and 16-Bit operation over -55°C to +125°C temperature range
- Eliminates Anomaly #1: Instability at 360° and 180° Input Angles in the ACT5028B Version
- Enhanced ESD Protection
- Radiation Performance
- Total Dose 1Mrads(Si)
- SEL: Immune up to 100MeV-cm2/mg
- Power Supply: +5VDC Only
- Separate I/O power pin to allow for 3.3V to 5.0V interface compatibility
- Programmable by using external resistors and capacitors
- Closed Loop Bandwidth
- Input Hysteresis in LSBs
- Maximum Tracking Rate of Resolver
- Low power: +5VDC @ 22mA Typ.
- Packaging: 52-lead ceramic quad flatpack
- Available to SMD 5962-0423503KXC
Legacy ACT5028B RadHard Resolver-to-Digital Converter
- 16-Bit Monolithic Tracking
- Radiation Environment - Total Dose 1Mrads(Si)
- +5VDC Power Only
- Programmable by using a few non-critical external resistors and capacitors
- Low power: +5V @ 22mA Typ.
- Packaged in 52-lead ceramic quad
- SMD 5962-0423502KXC